Big Ideas Initiatives
MIT Sloan Management Review’s Big Ideas Initiatives develop innovative, original research on the issues transforming our fast-changing business environment.
We conduct global surveys and in-depth interviews with front-line leaders working at a range of companies from Silicon Valley startups to multinational organizations to deepen our understanding of current trends and their influence on how people work and lead.
Working with collaborative partners, we publish our findings in annual research reports,
case studies, videos, articles, and interactive data visualizations.
For over a decade, MIT SMR’s Big Ideas Initiatives have explored topics such as artificial intelligence, digital leadership, sustainability, data and analytics, the internet of things, and performance management.
MIT SMR’s Big Ideas Research Reports
MIT SMR‘s research on Artificial Intelligence in the Enterprise explores the growing use of artificial intelligence in the business landscape. The exploration looks specifically at how AI is affecting the development and execution of strategy in organizations and how organizations can deploy the technology responsibly.
Read the 2022 research report, Achieving Individual — and Organizational — Value With AI.
Read the 2022 research report, To Be a Responsible AI Leader, Focus on Being Responsible.
See what our expert panel has to say about Responsible AI as an enabler of innovation.
Listen to the related podcast, Me, Myself and AI:
- Moderna’s chief data and artificial intelligence officer outlines how the company used technology to accelerate the development of its COVID-19 vaccine
- PepsiCo’s senior vice president of global net revenue management talks tech talent
- Hosts Sam Ransbotham and Shervin Khodabandeh learn how Salesforce’s first chief ethics and humane use officer leads the software company to design products with responsible technology in mind
The Future of the Workforce initiative demands organizations fundamentally revisit how people and technology work together to create value.
- Read the 2022 report, Orchestrating Workforce Ecosystems
- Explore how workforce ecosystems strengthen organizations
- Learn about ways companies can redefine work for new value